Universities and higher education in the UK have always be held in high regards in terms of quality and prestige. The excellences of UK education has been known far and wide across the globe. In Malaysia, education in the UK has always been the go-to destination for recognition. With world-ranking universities, advance city development and multicultural environment, it is no surprise that education in the UK is the most sort after in the world.
There are over 100 universities in the UK offering all sorts of degrees. A degree programme in the UK is usually 3 years. However, the "sandwich" program, a four-year degree program with a year of work placement, is increasing in popularity. Programmes such as Medical, Veterinary and Law generally take longer than a conventional degree in the UK to complete.
There are 2 Frameworks of Higher Education Qualification in the UK.
- The Framework of Higher Education Qualification (FHEQ), used in England, Welsh and Northern Ireland.
- The Framework of Qualifications of Higher Education Institutions in Scotland (FQHEIS), as the name implies, used only in Scotland.
Both degree-awarding bodies function similarly and the qualifications are both recognised by the Framework for Qualification of the European Higher Education Area (QF-EHEA) as they have met the expectation of the Bologna Declaration.
Transnational Education (TNE)
The UK Transnational Education is a degree program offered by the UK institutions through local partners, Branch campuses or Online platform. This gives students the opportunity to earn a recognized degree in their home country without compromising the quality of the program.
Entry to the UK Universities
There are several pathways to enter Universities in the UK. For Malaysian student, the most common pathway is to go through an A-level or International Baccalaureate (IB) program after their SPM or IGCSE O-Level. Students with STPM qualification can progress directly to degree year 1 of the universities in the UK. Some universities in the UK would also recognise UEC certification for degree year 1 entry. Results requirements for admission differ from universities.
Before commencing the program, most institutions would require students to go through a short Pre-Sessional English Course unless proof of English competency is present. IELTS is an official certification recognised by all institutions in the UK.
Students who have already started their degree or diploma in Malaysia may consider continuing their academic programme in some recognised universities in the UK. Some UK universities with campuses in Malaysia may allow students to further progress their studies on their UK campus.
Some universities may have "Twinning Programs" or "Joint Degree" with Malaysian institutions. Students started their degree in these programs in Malaysia may choose to "Top-up" on the last year or last 2 years of their degree in the UK.
Population: 66.04 Million
- The United Kingdom consists of 4 countries; England, Welsh, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Pound Sterling is the country's currency.
- The form of Government is Constitutional Monarchy with Parliamentary Government.
- Authors such as William Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, Robert Burns and J.K. Rowling are some of the most well-known writers of the UK.
- The historical inhabitants of the UK were the Picts, who lived in the British Isles more than 10,000 years ago. Then came the Celts in the 8th century B.C. And followed by the Roman invasion in A.D. 43 who ruled for over 400 years. And then later came the arrival of the Angles, the Jutes and the Saxons.
The UK was immensely wealthy thanks to its long history of between nations and colonies. The UK's industrial revolution has further increased its economical performance, especially from the gas and oil industry. Today, the UK still remains as one of the global economic powerhouses as the capital city, Lonon is one of the most significant financial hubs in the world.
Our Partnership with StudyGroup and INTO have expanded our study destinations in the UK. To find out more where you can apply to study in the UK, talk to us now. To know more about their profile, click on their logo on the right sidebar.